Baseball Cake in the Dog Days of Summer


(A tribute to love of baseball, they can have their cap/cake, and eat it too.)
My brothers came to town this summer with their families.
This means, that we were all going to see some baseball.
I've always loved baseball, but not so much for the sport itself. It was that growing up, I knew that through baseball; (through time spent playing, watching, talking about, and fighting about baseball), the men in our family truly connected.
It seemed to me then that the language of baseball was a sort of secret language of brotherhood...
(Although, now some of my nieces are world class ball players themselves, and I can see that language is pretty universal.)
☆a big hit with the kids, (I highly recommend): Staten Island Yankees Minor League Baseball game

happy birthday, Kelly!

Comments